Roofs are often “out of sight, out of mind,” but do you know how to spot the signs of roof damage? From cracked, broken, or missing shingles to roof sagging, there are many ways to spot damage, even from afar. But, moisture leaks, poor ventilation, and even animal infestations can cause roof damage that is not obvious to the untrained eye. As a homeowner, it is important to take care of your roof, because it is your home’s first line of defense against storms, debris, and other damaging elements that can affect every facet of your home, down to the foundation. For this reason, you should keep an eye on your roof and immediately get in contact with roofing professionals if you notice any of the following roofing issues.
3 Signs of Roof Damage:
- Broken, Cracked, or Missing Shingles: Are your shingles breaking? Cracked? Are they curling, or are there patches of missing shingles? Shingle damage can occur from any combination of natural elements like high winds, heavy storms, and even too much UV exposure. These shingles issues are easy to spot and are one of the primary indicators of roof damage that may require replacement.
- Water Stains and Leaks: If there are bubbles forming on your ceilings, soggy and soft spots accompanied by a leak, or even mold on your walls or ceilings, these are likely a sign of roof damage. When roofs are not functioning correctly, they can let in water which can result in costly damage to your home.
- Mold or Moss: Can you see clumps of mold, moss, or other fungi taking up residence on your roof? Be sure to check the shady corners, then call a Roofwell professional to get a free inspection of your roof. Mold, moss, and fungi can trap additional water on your roof which can be a sign of roof damage. Additionally, mold can pose other risks for your household by impacting respiratory health if it grows in roof vents.
While some signs of roof damage can be easily spotted, other more serious issues can only be detected through a professional roof inspection. If you are concerned about your roof and suspect the need for replacement is right around the corner, Roofwell is here to help!
Roofwell’s Expert Team Provides Benefits Including:
- Expert knowledge and experience in the Atlanta area since 1982
- Competitive pricing and expert insurance negotiation services to keep your costs as low as possible.
- The highest-rated, best quality roofing materials available in the industry.
- Highly trained craftsmen who will provide you with a roof that looks beautiful and will protect your home from the severe Atlanta weather.
- Veteran-owned and operated by local professionals who are here to listen to your concerns and provide you with the best solutions for your needs.
- Free, honest, in-depth roof inspections to keep you aware of the condition of your roof.
Learn more about signs of roof damage from the professionals! Contact Roofwell Here to schedule a free inspection.